Selfishness beats altruism within groups. Altruistic groups beat selfish groups. Everything else is commentary.
- David Sloan Wilson
What is Prosocial Spirituality?
Prosocial Spirituality is a research-based training program designed to meet
the needs of 21st-century groups seeking both inner and outer change. It integrates evolutionary science and the 8 core design principles of Prosocial and evolutionary spirituality and the 9 elements of universal spirituality.
What are the 8 core design principles?
CDP1: Shared identity and purpose.
CDP2: Equitable distribution of contributions and benefits.
CDP3: Fair and inclusive decision-making.
CDP4: Monitoring of agreed behaviors. Transparency
CDP5: Graduated responding to helpful and unhelpful behavior
CDP6: Fast and fair conflict resolution
CDP7: Authority to self-govern (according to principles 1-6).
CDP8: Collaborative relations with other groups (using principles 1-7)
What are the 9 elements of universal spirituality?
1) Actualizing full moral and ethical capacity
2) Living in harmony with the cosmos and all living beings
3) Cultivating a life of deep nonviolence
4) Living in humility and gratitude
5) Embracing a regular spiritual practice
6) Cultivating mature self-knowledge
7) Living a life of simplicity
8) Being of selfless service and compassionate action
9) Empowering the prophetic voice for justice, compassion, and world transformation